Saturday, January 23, 2010

Maternal Love, Like Orange Tree, Buds, Blossoms and Bears At Once

Dear Aduka,
Today, you went to the doctor and had your immunisation jab. One of many to come I must say. Unlike your last jab, your reaction was not as bad as Mommy and Daddy anticipated. You held on to me smiling just as the nurse was giving you your shot. You shifted a little at first, confused with the pain on your right thigh and cried out loud. A tearful cry to say the least. I put you on my shoulder and you calmed down, still sobbing softly. I whispered soothing words to calm you down while I pat your back lightly. Your sobbing ceased but once in a while you cry out, tearless, telling us you are upset about the pain in your thigh. Oh we know baby, but it will go away quickly. At night, you kept crying and looked uncomfortable so Daddy took your temperature. A whopping 37.5degrees. A slight fever. An apparent normality after the immunisation. We gave you medicine prescribed by the doctor in case you experience a fever within the next twentyfour hours after your jab. You looked confused, a taste so foreign, basically your first medicine taken orally. It wasn't nice I know but it will make you feel better. So I fed you afterwards and you fell asleep as soon as you finished your milk. Sleeping soundly, I can hear you breathing softly. A fever that lasts only for a short while, I hope. You still need monitoring, in case the fever comes again. With moonbeams in hands and stardust in your eyes, we love you baby.



The Duke goes boxing everyday.





Still boxing.



"Why so serious?"

No comments: